Friday, August 17, 2007

I HATE TECHNOLOGY!! okay, not really, but it does frustrate the poop outta me

[ mood | discontent ]




[ music | Life Is Beautiful - Vega4 ]

It should not be this hard!!! It just really should not be this difficult to transfer files and applications from one PC to another!!! grrrrrr...especially when I have a portable 250GB external hard drive to help speed things along...But, since we got the new desktop last night, it has been nothing but DRAMA!!! **unimpressed**

Of course, since it's new it came with the EVIL Windows Vista program. I am trying to be patient with it, but it hurts my head. So, we got a good wireless router as well since we have cable internet on our other PC and we attempted to connect them last night. Nope, the router installed but the card would not :-( Jay finally got a hold of tech support this morning and got that straightened out. But I have had other problems. We got the PC mainly so I could have one to do my writing on (uninterrupted). We had a laptop but it recently died...poor thing was a little overworked. RIP.

So, I installed Ulead (my video editing software yellowbee hooked me up with..bless u girl!!) and it didnt work. Eventually, I figured it out, but now it won't play AVI files anywhere on the new PC. Which ALL of my video files I use for editing are formatted in. My only option is to convert them all to WMV format I think, which will take AGES!!! Double grrrrrrr...Then, I attempted to install Photoshop. Nope, it rejected the serial number...WTF??? splodge04 was kind enough to give me the CORRECT serial number because apparently the one on my system info was 4 digits short...CRAZINESS!!! Thanks KK ;-) Only problem is now, I can't get the InstallShieldWizard to come back up since it's already been through that process a couple times...I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN KK!!! You're such a good friend...no, I mean it!!! :-p

But, it doesn't end there! So, next I register my iPod for this new PC and download iTunes and all that mess. Well....it won't let me import my iPod because apparently they don't let ppl do that because they're afraid of song-stealing...HELLO?!?!? It's already going on with things like limewire, ARES, etc...ppl don't steal iTunes, they pay for that STUFF!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING STEVE JOBS?!?!?!? grrrr....so I spent about four hours getting music files onto my external hard drive and then opening them (30% of them, one at a FRIGGIN time) on iTunes. And, here's the KICKER: the ones I actually PAID FOR with iTunes, won't open because even though I put in my password and username, it just goes to the music store, never allowing me to open the songs....THAT I BOUGHT FROM ITUNES!!! For goodness sake, what is WRONG with the world???? Guess I will be making CD's of those songs tomorrow to beat the system and rip them to my PC that way...Oh yes, Jobs, I will be victorious in the end!!!

But I'm not bitter.

:D

Oh, and Jay's car battery went ka-plooey this morning because of the friggin heat! So, after dragging my happy butt outta bed, taking him to work, dealing with roadside assistance (who couldn't get it fully charged), tow trucks, dealerships, $95 in charges, and a TOTAL wasted day off later, it's fixed.

This is not how I envisioned spending my last weekend before teachers have to report back to school on Monday (NOOOOOOOO!!!!). Hope everyone else had a better day :-) At least I *look* good.....MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh my gosh, I'm so just kidding!!! Delirium has set in!!!

Peace out and God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.